Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is it already September? Seriously?

So I can't believe its already September!!! The year has flown by! We have already been married more than 4 months!!! How crazy is that? Life has been wonderful, though! Interning at the Pregnancy Resource Center has been the most amazing thing ever - God is using it to draw me to Him, and to teach me how to serve with joy and to love those who are society's "unlovable". What an incredible opportunity this internship has been! I pray I'll be able to serve there (or other centers) for the rest of my life! It is that powerful and wonderful!

I've promised a pic of Mike's portrait of himself, so here it is! The finished product!

It turned out very well. I also actually got a picture of our cat, Camma - who HATES having her picture taken. She runs away every time she sees my camera or my phone poised towards her. But I was able to get a couple good shots of her today! She is so precious!


I did a Practicum Fair today for students trying to find an internship, and so I had to make a board with info on the PRC and what I do there to share with all the students who came to the practicum fair. Here is a picture of my table (its fuzzy because I didn't have my camera, I had to take this with my phone). I think a couple people were interested in finding out more about interning there, so that is cool!

I used to nanny two little girls named Natali and Isabel a couple years ago, and they were the flower girls in our wedding. Natali's 6th birthday was this weekend, so I went to her birthday party! It was so wonderful to see the girls - I love them so much, and I don't get to see them very often! Here is Natali decorating her cupcake!

Isn't she just adorable????
That is Isabel, (who is 8) stuffing her face with the cupcake - we were joking that I should show this pic to her future boyfriends!!

Nat is about to hit the pinata!


Here are both of the girls after swimming - they have beautiful smiles, but its so funny how they put on these weird "fake" smiles when asked to smile for a pic!

So those are my beautiful girls.

Mike is crazy-busy with school, he comes home and reads textbooks every single night! It sucks, but his GPA certainly shows all his hard work! He couldn't come to Natali's birthday party because he had so much studying to do - but soon he will be done! Or at least, it will be less studying soon.

Time to make some dinner - and maybe get some scrapbooking done!

1 comments:

Mommy Parr said...

You are so sweet! Those little girls are so lucky to have been able to spend so much time with you! All that training means you will be a great mommy some day!