Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November so far...

I don't blog as much as I would like to, but I guess that's ok because I don't really have the time (or very much interesting stuff), but this past weekend was busy! Full of stuff! So I am posting pics. We went down to Houston because our good friend Randy Turner was getting married (yay Randy!), so there are a lot of pics from his wedding on here. But they posted in a weird order, so forgive the chaos please. We went to see my mom, and realized Kelsey and Mom's hair is exactly the same length! Or at least it was, because Kelsey chopped off her hair two days ago.


In any case, it was pretty funny to see how similar they look not only in the face, but because they have the same hairstyle.
We also went over to the Turners after the wedding on Saturday night, and got to see Moose, our beloved kitty! He is the cutest thing ever! Mike played with him most of the night, and I took a ton of pics, but here is one really cute one.

On to Randy's wedding. One of the absolute best things about the wedding was getting to see Erwin and Vicki Wood. Now, most of you probably don't know them, but if you do, you know they are some of the greatest people alive. Erwin is like a grandpa to me, he is the sweetest, funniest, most passionate man, and he loves the Lord so much. He was such an important part of the WoodsEdge youth group (so long ago...) and has influenced me in so many ways. It was so good to see him because he has been battling brain cancer for some time now, and the last time I saw him was at our wedding six months ago. Since then he has steadily gotten sicker, and so it was pretty scary for me to see him as sick as he is when six months ago he was in great health (enough to come to Dallas for our wedding!). But he is so wonderful, and I love him so much.
I also got to see a couple old WoodsEdge people I haven't seen in so long! Mike Ruse (little Mike, not his dad...) and Eedee Frascella. I have the pic here of me and Mike. We were good friends way back when, and he lives in Austin now, so I haven't seen him in years!
On to pics of Randy's wedding. He married Jessica, one of the sweetest girls! She is so adorable and hilarious! These pics aren't in any order, so just enjoy as they are.

Their wedding was so beautiful! Fall colors and vibrant leaves everywhere!


Ok, this beautiful cake was made by Mrs. Turner, Randy's mom! She makes excellent cakes! She also made the cake topper to look like the arch that Randy and Jessica got married under!

This is one of my favorite people in the world - Julie Turner. We've been friends for almost 9 years, and I cannot tell you how great she is. She has always been there for me! She just got engaged like a month ago, and is getting married in March or Feb next year! Its so exciting! And I'm going to be her "matron" of honor! Pretty nifty!






This is Julie's fiance, Nathan. I love this picture of them! They are so adorable.





Ok, so the eggnog is back. Its almost Christmas, so Mike of course has to buy his eggnog. Now, eggnog disgusts me. I never grew up drinking it, and just the name of it is enough to set me off, it is just the most disgusting thing. So of course Mike tries every year to get me to taste it, and I of course have to say BLAH! But still he persists. So I guess its time for me to batten down the hatches, because for the next month and a half I'll have to endure his sneaky attempts to have me taste it.

So that's it... Maybe I'll remember to post again this month.



0 comments: