Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Craziness Didn't Go Away!

Before the wedding, I was completely anticipating a relaxing summer, with minimal stress and lots of time to hang out with my hubby...

Yeah, that hasn't been the case.

I'm taking two stupid online classes for Summer I, and they both take an ENORMOUS amount of time! I have 6 tests in 4 weeks, 2-3 labs per week, 6 discussion posts per week, two quizzes per week, and 4 research papers in 8 weeks! Its chaos! In any case, one week is done, only three left.

Other than school this week, I attempted to make my very first chocolate souffle.

It looked great when I pulled it out of the oven, but when we dug in, the bottom wasn't finished cooking. Oh well, it was still really yummy! We'll try again later.

If you know Mike and I, you know we love to cook, and it is a main activity we do together! Some of our really yummy creations this week - banana pancakes - burgers with the cheese INSIDE the burger (Mike's creation!) - green peppercorn-crusted sirloins with a sherry cream sauce (PHENOMENAL!).

Something else new we are starting: we are going to be taking over the drama and worship for the 1st and 2nd graders Sunday School at church! I'm pretty excited about it; I love kids and I love being crazy and goofy. Mike is pretty excited too, but he has never worked with young kids before, so this will be a new experience for him! We are really excited to get to serve together, we never have before so it will be cool to do that!

Have a great week!

1 comments:

Mommy Parr said...

I am so impressed with your cooking ventures! Even though I don't like chocolate, that soufflé looked great! So cool that y'all are going to be working with the kiddos at church! It is always fun to serve with your hubby! Good Luck!