Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two Weeks of Marriage!

Well, we have been married for two weeks now, and we both are loving it! We had an amazing honeymoon, and have been busy setting up our home! While not everything is unpacked, and we are still bringing some boxes of stuff over from Mike's old apartment, we are slowly getting into the groove of living together and learning how to combine two full apartments-worth of stuff into one (where we can still walk!). Here are some random pictures from our first week together (not including our honeymoon, where pictures can be seen on my facebook profile...):

Mike playing guitar at our desk...


We went to a RoughRiders baseball game last weekend! We won! Yay!

We had to get a new showerhead because Mike is too tall for the one that was originally in the shower, so here he is installing the new (crazy awesome rainfall) showerhead!


Other new things - summer school starts for me next Monday (poo!); I started a new Bible study yesterday that I am THRILLED about - its the Beth Moore Stepping Up Bible study, and I am really excited for it; and Mike got the DVD set of Indiana Jones - we have now watched all three (well, he has seen them a zillion times - it was my first time to watch them.).

I began playing my viola again two nights ago, I am going to audition in a month for the Denton Bible Church orchestra (our church), so I am trying to get back into it. My fingers are killing me! No longer do I have the calluses I used to have, so my poor soft fingers are taking quite a beating! Poor Mike has to listen to me scratch and screech through my old music, and it is not pretty... he went to sit outside two nights ago so he could read while I made mirrors crack...

At this point, I suppose there isn't that much new stuff to blog on simply because we have only been married for two weeks! More stuff to come later...

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Great to see y'all- even if it is via a blog! Congrats in your new marriage- God bless!

Mommy Parr said...

Hey! I was so glad to hear from y'all on my blog. Congrats on the marriage! We do still live in Denton but only until the end of the month. We are in the process of buying a house in Keller (it is closer to Colin's studio). Where do y'all live? I saw that y'all go to DBC now. Our house is in the neighborhood across the street. You should come over for dinner and fun some time! We would love to see you!